Sunday 8 February 2015

Chickpea and Carrot Spiced Warm Salad

With the new year in full swing. * looks at calender* its February! Wait. what? When did that happen? It feels like 2015 is flying by. Into February, means I'm almost settled into a healthy-ish routine, just trying to get rid of the last dregs of the Christmas chocolate(I'm a saver if you couldn't guess, not a eat all at once kinda gal). One thing, which i have been particularly enjoying is making salads for lunch, but not your usual lettuce, cucumber and tomato ones.
Moroccan inspired warm salad
Its probably fair to say that carrots are my favourite vegetable. I'm like a rabbit sometimes, with a pot of hummus, its just so hard to stop(please tell me I'm not the only one). They're fast becoming a staple in my salads, this recipe here ; is another favourite. I love them roasted, as it brings out their sweetness, and coated in cumin, there just incredible. Luckily, sometimes i can tear myself away, so they can last at least few lunches. 
healthy gluten free, dairy free, paleo warm salad
This recipe is easily adaptable, add feta for a tang and creaminess. I like to add quinoa to it, with a little vinaigrette mixed in to add bulk to it; so it's more filling for lunch, if I have a long day, or want the carrot and chickpea salad to last longer.Serve warm or cold.
 warm carrot and chickpea spiced salad


warm carrot and chickpea salad


Ingredients

5 large carrots
1 tin chickpeas
Small handful coriander 
Cumin powder
1 1/2 harissa paste
Small handful almonds

1. Preheat oven to 180.
2. Chop up carrot into even sized pieces, toss in olive oil and cumin powder,
3. Roast until soft and starting to caramelise.
4. When the carrots are done, add the rinsed chickpeas and harissa paste.Mix.     Roast until warmed through. 
5. Add chopped almonds and coriander( add cooked quinoa if using)
6 . Serve or take to work/school. 

healthy new blog recipes



No comments:

Post a Comment