With Easter Sunday being the queen of chocolate eating days. What better way to celebrate than with a chocolate hit of brownies.
Soft, gooey and utterly divine.
Traditionally made with nuts (hazelnuts work really well), but you could always try dried fruit such as cranberries or cherries.or perhaps fresh fruit such as raspberries (the brownies might need a little longer in the oven, as fresh fruit contains a lot more water).
75g chocolate (chopped)
175g dark brown sugar
150g self raising flour
50g nuts or fruit
1. preheat oven to gas 4, 180oc
2. grease tin, and line with greaseproof paper
3. melt butter and chocolate over a pan of hot water
4. take of the heat and stir in the sugar, then gradually beat in the eggs
5. sift the flour and cocoa together and fold into the chocolate mixture with the nuts or dried fruits.
6. spoon into the greased baking tin and bake for 30 mins.
7. cool in the tin and then turn out.
8. cut into even sized pieces.
serve on its own dusted with icing sugar, or warm with a little cream for a luxurious dessert.