Still dreaming about this salad.....I'm not lying, I promise! Recently, I've been constantly craving it, as it was just so tasty, but unfortunately, its one if I have all the ingredients, and a lot of time on hand to make it, even if i used the barbecue to speed up the process (actually thinking about that, it would be x10 quicker....ah never mind, you live and learn!).I think we need to talk about the ingredients, in this salad though...In particular the olives; i love them so much, i reckon i could probably eat the whole jar in one sitting. Not to mention the courgettes, which i love so much, that i can't even wait, for the ones my Dad grows to be ready! And aubergines, my new found love, and i don't even care that my sister and Dad don't like them, because now I'm trying to find, loads of other recipes to use them in.
Feel free, to take out any vegetables you don't like. Can we also take a moment, to appreciate that this salad doesn't have any feta in (yep, I kinda addicted to it), but of course, feel free to add it: Personally, i would tear over mozzarella, to basically have heaven on plate. I also used sundried tomatoes chopped pieces, but feel free to chop up whole sundried tomatoes,as they are easier to find. Serve this salad on its own, or as a side dish.
3 red peppers
2 red onions
1 large red chilli
1 garlic clove
6tsbp olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
12 whole sundried tomatoes
2 handful black olives( i used kalamata)
fresh basil leaves
1. On large griddle pan/ saute pan/ barbecue, cook the peppers, aubergine, onions and courgettes, until softened and either browning, or have bar marks.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the oil, vinegar, finely chopped chilli and crushed garlic.
3. As the vegetables are done, add them into the dressing to marinate.
4. When all the vegetables are cooked, add in the olives, sundried tomatoes, basil and seasoning. Toss.
5. Serve, drizzle with more oil if wished.