After Easter with all that chocolate, and after 6 weeks working in a pastry section, i thought should take a break from sugar and eat healthily for a few weeks. I did also promise a new salad recipe, and I'm pretty sure i won't be easing up on the salad front, any time soon: Sorry. Not Sorry. This is, by far my favourite quinoa salad I've made (I've already made it three times, and I'm making it again this weekend!), its fresh and zingy, and filling without being heavy.Quinoa has become a popular and trendy food item now, particularly with bloggers, as i have seen a big increase in the amount of recipes that use it, in whatever shape or form. I on the other hand, didn't get off with the best starts with it: My mum gave it to us when we were little, back when it was much cheaper, and we disliked it so much, that i had to buy the first packet myself just in case i didn't like it again; but hence this salad, i liked it.
As always feel free to switch up the ingredients if you don't like something, but personally i would just keep it, as it is. Serve on its own, or if you wanted to make a more substantial meal serve with grilled salmon, asparagus or green beans.
1/2 tsp mustard
salt & pepper
1tsp red/white wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 pack feta cheese
handful cherry tomatoes
handful mixed salad leaves eg. rocket, watercress, spinach
1/4 red onion
1. cook the quinoa
2. Meanwhile make the vinaigrette; zest the lemon, juice of half the lemon,add the mustard, vinegar, oil, and season to taste.
3. Finely chop the red onion and soften in the vinaigrette
4. When the quinoa is cooked, drain, and leave to cool
5. Cut to tomatoes in half and add to the onions and vinaigrette.
6. Mix in the feta and salad leaves
7. Add in the quiona when cool
8. Mix together and serve