I do seem to have a thing for roasted veg at the moment, and they always end up in some form of salad, often with feta, and almonds. I would promise to stop, but you might have a few more recipes heading your way soon, as my mum enjoys salads too(it's a secret at the moment, but i will make her several salads on mothers day for lunch, just don't tell her yet!).
I served it as a side salad mixed with lemon couscous, to grilled salmon, but feel free, to serve it on its own as a side dish. This time i roasted beetroot instead of carrots, as they add a lovely colour, and have a stronger flavour than carrots. I also love, in roasting the beetroot, as the earthy flavour is toned down, and turned into sweetness, and the flavour intensifies, which can easily replace meat in salads, as I'm not a massive meat eater, particularly at lunch time.
beetroot- peeled and cut into even pieces
garlic cloves (i used 4)
spring of fresh rosemary
2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
1. preheat oven to 190°, gas 5.
2. toss beetroot in olive oil, add garlic and rosemary
3. roast for 20 mins
4. remove, toss in balsamic vinegar, season
5. roast for a further 10 mins, or until cooked through
6. sprinkle with chopped almonds and feta
7. enjoy, or add to lemon couscous with chopped parsley