With two days till Christmas and I've suddenly realised i haven't done any proper Christmas food, on my blog. *Slaps self on wrists*. Without any further dilly dadaling, i will introduce you to these beautiful little morsels, that grace my Christmas, and definitely should yours.
These, are my take on mince pies; introduced by my mum, as she was never fond of normal shortcrust pastry. Any homemade mince pies are normally far superior to the supermarket ones, with little filling and overly sweet pastry, and these in my opinion are better than ones with shortcrust pastry. These are extremely crispy and crunchy which pairs nicely with the soft mincemeat.
These, are also super quick and easy to make without any rolling out of pastry. And not to mention, alot healthier with filo pastry being low in fat, which is always good when piling on the pounds at Christmas.
1 270g pack filo pastry
1 510g jar mincemeat
1. preheat oven at 180 °
2. lay out filo pastry
3. divide equally and cut into 8 squares
4. brush 3 layers of filo with butter and layer up
5. place a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat in the centre of the square
6. pinch the ends together
7. brush with melted butter and place in the oven until golden brown and crisp.
8. serve warm or cold
9. enjoy. (possibly with mulled wine, family & friends)