I honestly don't know how, i have not already blogged about these because, i make them almost every month. The New Zealand classic dessert: Pavlova. These are so much easier than the big thing, in manageable single portions, rather than one big pavlova which involves messy cutting.
When i make these i often don't know what to do with the leftover egg yolks. You could make an extra rich scrambled egg, but as i don't like scramble eggs; i tend to make something even more delicious........lemon curd. For a fresh, spring take on mini pavlovas try adding it into the whipped cream.For my lemon curd recipe click here .
2 egg whites
125 g caster sugar
enough cream and
enough fruit of your choice
1. preheat oven to 140 , gas 1
2. whisk egg whites until it forms a stiff peak (test by holding it over your head)
3. add the sugar in, a spoonful at a time, continuing to whisk.
4. After its all combined, place on grease proof lined tray. (If you want to add colourings or flavourings, then i recommend doing it now.)
5. pop into the oven for two hours( then if possible then turn off the oven and leave in overnight to cool).
6. serve with whipped cream and fruit.