So here's, one of my family's favourite puddings. A self saucing chocolate pudding. All you need to do is whip up the sponge mix, pour on top the sauce, and pop it in the oven while your having your main. Take it out,and enjoy.
Traditionally served with cream, but here i have served it with plain yogurt to contradict with the sweetness .You might also want to serve this in individual pots.
I normally keep to the recipe, but for a change i like to add brown sugar to give a caramel like flavour. You could also add nutella, or something similar to the sauce to intensify it. If you like coffee you could always add instant coffee powder to the sauce.
To lighten it up a bit, you could add fresh fruit, such as raspberries or cherries, when in season.
1 1/2 cups self raising flour sauce
2 tablespoons cocoa 2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk 2 tablespoons cocoa
100g butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. preheat oven to 180°
2. lightly grease a six cup capacity ovenproof dish
3. sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl
4. stir in sugar and make a well
5. pour in the milk, butter and vanilla essence and mix quickly with a light hand using a slotted spoon to form a stiff mixture
6. spread the batter evenly into the prepared dish
7. mix the boiling water, sugar and cocoa together and pour evenly over the batter
8. bake, for 45 mins or until the sponge is cooked.
9. serve.dust with icing sugar, if wished.